Ok I have a headache. Oops. There I go complaining again. But. On the bright side: I'm eating a pizza lunchable. And I love those things. They take me back to the good old elementary school days. And boy did I love those days--Bein an Olney Dragon. I had the greatest elementary school experience. Well. Everybody probably did. If you didn't I feel bad for you.
Speaking of elementary school... I liked this boy. From 2nd grade to 5th grade. Hahaha. 3 years. That's a long time. I guess I tend to like one boy for a long time. Which can be a good thing, but usually, in my cases, is a bad thing... Cause mostly I just don't like boys who don't like me back. It's kind of a problem. Always has been. So this elementary school crush was no different.. But I owe him more than any other boy I've liked before. I owe him my love and passion for Duke Basketball. In my naive elementary school mind, I thought that if I liked the same basketball team as him... He would fall in love with me. I was wrong. But my love for Duke stuck. :) And I seriously feel so weird about BYU being ranked above Duke. I've never had to deal with it before. I mean. Don't get me wrong. I'm a cougar through and through... But I've loved Duke for forever. They're my team. IDK. It's fine I guess. It's sweet that BYU is number 3. I'm going to the MWC championship and I'm stoked.
Anyway. Guess what I did this weekend? Went to a frat party! Is that weird? Yeah, it's pretty weird. It's totally not me. But two of my best guy friends from high school are in this frat.. And they had this huge decade party this past weekend and I was like, ya know what? I want to go. I want to see what my friends like about this. And what my friends back in Maryland do. And just do it just to have the experience. I did not drink. And I did not hook up with anybody. I just grabbed two of my girlfriends from my floor that I know love to party, Josh let us borrow the car, and we headed up to the U of U. It was fun. I mean. Kind of. What I should say is I see why people think it's fun. Freak, if you're drinking, or getting some, I bet it is fun! It was... I'm glad I got to observe. But it's not necessarily something I'm dying to do ever again. It was crowded and loud and smelled weird. I'd rather party in Provo. So I'm guess I'm where I should be :)
But I met a cute boy at this frat party! And he doesn't drink. Score! He got my number. And told my friend/his frat brother that he thinks I'm cute. Score again! But I haven't heard from him. And. Yeah it would be nice to... But no big. That's just what I needed. A boy that thought I was cute. Basically I've been in a confidence drought lately but between cute frat boy and the pep talk I got from three adorable boys in my ward yesterday, I'm doing a lot better. I have worth. I'm a daughter of my Heavenly Father. And hey. If you need reminding, let this be a reminder--So are you. You're a daughter of God (or son) and He loves you. A lot. So don't be insecure, okay? It's a waste of precious time. Side note. The boy I liked in elementary school was half asian. The boy I met at the frat party was half asian. I'm going through an ethnic boy phase. Haha. It's a fun one.
Ok so this week is about to be like the busiest most awful thing of my life. Like I don't even know why I'm blogging right now because I should be: writing my 8 page research paper, reading for Book of Mormon, cleaning my room, sleeping, or other various things that I cannot think of because my head is throbbing. So. Yep. Train of thought. Out the window. Speaking of trains. Stop this Train by John Mayer--Great song. I've been in a John Mayer mood today. Oh! Guess what? I get to go home this weekend! For the first time this semester. I'm so excited to see my family. And to go to my dear friend Lauren Knox's wedding. It's going to be simply amazing. I need something to wear though. I had an unsuccessful trip to the mall today and it was kind of depressing. Any suggestions on what I should wear?
K. Here's to slowly and surely breaking my bad habits and becoming more secure. Bye. Oh. And here's a picture from the frat party. Big shout out to Al Hall for letting me use her dress. :) Which worked perfectly she's an angel. And Al. If you're reading this. I promise I'll bring it back tomorrrow. I know I said that yesterday. But. Seriously. Tomorrow. I swear on my life. If I don't I'll treat you to the Justin Bieber movie. Haha. Which I'm going to see on Thursday and I am STOKKKEEEDDD. I've heard nothing but good things. ALSO. Happy Birthday to the Biebz. Love that little guy. No matter what the haters say. k much love--Mary
PS MY BEST FRIEND GOT INTO BYU AND WE'RE ROOMING TOGETHER IN FALL AND I'M SO EXCITED (hence the use of capslock) Paty-You go girl!!!!!
eh? did we pull it off? can you guess what decade we were from?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


You're too funny! Yes! Can't wait for Lauren's wedding either! And I had to go shopping multiple times before I found something cute to wear. The third kid will do that to you . . . well, so did the first and second . . . but anyways . . . see you this weekend!!!
ReplyDeletewhere are you living next year?
ReplyDeleteps i want a pizza lunchable SO BAD right now.
and. um. k i love you. this week is birthday week, the week after i'll be in stg/vegas
but then... movie night!!