So this morning I went to the dentist. I had put it off for a week.
I learn so much about myself every day and today I have learned: I don't like being independent. I don't like being alone. I can do it. I called and made an appointment, drove to the dentist, filled out paperwork, had my appointment, drove back, stopped at walgreens, picked up my perscription, and drove back to helaman. But I hated it. I really did. I wanted someone to be with me so bad, mostly my mommy. Yep. Goes to show you, I'm as immature as ever. Haha. JK. Really I'm fine, and capable. I just have this irrational fear of the dentist. A lot of people like the dentist but I HATE the dentist. And I feel really awful cause I've always had really sweet dentists, I just hate them. They're always like "open your mouth wider so I can inflict a ton of pain on you." NO! I won't. Except I always do.
The verdict was that my gums are just freaking out because of my wisdom teeth and it's normal. I need to get them out but I am straight terrified. I have never had surgery or anything like unto it. I've heard sooo many horror stories about wisdom teeth and I just don't wanna be on a billion drugs, I don't think my body will do well with them. I just don't want it to happen. I know it has to but I was planning on waiting till the end of the semester so that my mom can go with me or something. That, at least, would make it bearable. But the dentist said the sooner the better. He prescribed me some mouthwash that will help, and the swelling really has gone down, but the problem will persist until my wisdom teeth are gone. I'm seriously such a baby. When I was driving home I just cried at the thought of having to get my wisdom teeth out. I need to suck it up, I know.
Anyway, my valentine/roommate Jessica and I had an interesting conversation yesterday night. We were discussing how much we hate the dentist and then we thought.. What if our husbands want to be dentists? Haha. I seriously HATE the dentist. No matter how much I try to like him, I just can't. So. Am I going to go to a different dentist than my husband? That's what Jess and I decided on. It's better that than risking hating our spouses... We've been learning in pyschology that healthy marriages rely on positive affect and if our husbands are our dentists than positive affect will definitely be lacking. Anyway. much love--Mary
PS--Future kids, since this blog is mostly for you. Your potential fathers right now will either be a dentist or an orthopedic surgeon... So. Basically. You won't be around for awhile cause I'm going to be having to put your dad through school. But. You'll get here in time enough. And oh. Yeah. It might also be awhile because when I say potential fathers I mean boys that I hope will suddenly fall madly in love with me and one of them still needs to go on a mission so... Anyway. Oh! And guess what kids? I did my graduation plan yesterday and I should be graduating in fall or spring of 2014 with a broadcast journalism major and editing minor! Yay! And then hopefully ESPN hires me! I can't wait to help you guys with your graduation plans :) As daunting as the task is, it's exciting!
Also. For anybody who cares, my pink streak is getting dyed to light brown this week. Woohoo! It was fun while it lasted, but it's time for it to go.
Here are some pictures from the past couple weeks:
Valentine from my love, Claire. Unfortunately accurate. Bless her for putting up with me and my boy problems. :)
Me and Jess made each other Valentines Day cookies at the cannon center :) The one I made her is on the right... The one she made me is on the left.And here we are, the valentines ourselves. I even bought her choclate. And she drew me a picture on paint. Which I'll post because of it's hilarity.



Okay so seriously I love love love reading your random blog! It rocks. And I seriously know how you feel about the dentist. I don't know if I could even marry a dentist though. Honestly, that might be more than I could handle.
ReplyDeleteAnd I totally know what you mean about being "independent". I've been doing it for 12 freakin years on my own now and it sucks! Yes I can do it and I'm fine. But I don't love it. I get sick of making the stupid phone calls, paying the bills and doing all the stuff on my own. So I know how you feel girlie. You can do it!!!