Alright so after those lovely images it is probably pretty obvious what I am having withdrawls from. Yep. The lake. Lake Powell. The funny thing is, before I went, I would read everybody's facebook statuses and listen to people rave about Lake Powell and I would just be like.. Whatever, no big, those people are stupid. But now I am one of those annoying lake raving people. I am one of those that claim that Lake Powell is perhaps the greatest place on Earth. At least when you do it how our group did it the past couple of days, it is. Check on the house boat we stayed on..
Haha yeah.. And that's just the side of it. You can't even see the inside, complete with a large screen TV, PS3, and amazing kitchen. You can't see up top where you can lay and look at the stars or perhaps sit and have deep discussions with Taylor Holt, Matt, and Todd Kitchen, about the universe. That picture merely displays the side-- with the K for KNOX; that's who I can credit my amazing trip to the lake to. The Knox's are some of my favorite people. I dare you to find a family more generous and hospitable. Heck. You've GOTTA be those things be to feed, water, sleep, and boat around 21 people for a week. Yep. 21 of my favorite people in a houseboat for 3 days. Have I mentioned how great it was? Anyway. I know I sound ridiculous and I hate to brag but it was really just amazing.
Lake Powell is SO beautiful. It just amazes me. I love riding around on the boat or jet skis and just LOOKING. And the water is always the perfect temperature and a beautiful color. My only apprehension is the huge catfish. Haha. But whatever, I lived :) Anyway. From Sunday afternoon to Tuesday night I slept whenever I wanted to, rode a jet ski whenever I wanted to, layed out whenever I wanted to, ate whenever I wanted to, had unlimited access to diet coke... It never mattered what time it was. Need I go on? I would have lived there. I would have. Except. The lake is a quite expensive endeavor... So. I'll just continue to wish.
Some important realizations I made at the lake:
1. I know myself REALLY well but I can't expect everybody else to
2. I'm going to work REALLY hard in college
3. I am not ready to get married. In the least.
4. I like to cuddle WAY more than the average person
5. I love being around people I love
6. Contrary to previous belief, my skin burns and peels
And there are more.. I just can't think of them right now. I thought of a lot of these as we took a midnight boat ride through Antelope Canyon. Wow. Have you ever taken a boat ride at night? Alan said, "Now this would be the place to propose." And I couldn't agree more. I hope I get proposed to on the nicest boat ever at midnight in the most gorgeous canyon as there are billions of stars and a half full moon over head.. Haha. My chances of that proposal happening are probably only highly likely if I start courting Alex or Elliot Knox.. But as much as I love those boys, it's safe to say we're better off as friends than lovers. But. I'll keep dreaming about that proposal anyway. K. I'm gonna stop now. But I just HAD to publicisize my LOVE for LAKE POWELL. much love--Mary


ahh jealous! I love Lake Powell.
ReplyDeleteditto to what Kalynn said. That place is Heaven on Earth. And I am glad you had such a fabulous time! :) Whenever you are dating someone way seriously and they are going to propose to you, I shall tell them to do it at Lake Powell. Also I like what you said about college. I want to as well. haha it's hard though. We shall have to study together. And push each other to study instead of partying. Though that might be tough. haha
ReplyDeleteah! taylor hott!
ReplyDelete