Thursday, July 15, 2010

Don't Forget to Remember Me


See this guy? Yeah. His name is Bradley Kevin Dorius. And before I go any further let me tell you that NO, for the millionth time, we are not dating. But he is MY VERY BEST FRIEND. Seriously. We have been through so much. And do you know what is happening tonight at 8:30 PM? He is opening his mission call. Seriously I'm crying as I type this, I kid you not. I cannot believe that today is the day. For about 5 years now I've been wondering where this kid will serve for 2 years and today we're gonna find out. I'm SO excited for him. I'm not meaning to be selfish but I seriously don't know what I will do without him. I know I can tell him anything and I love hearing about his life and it will be so weird not being able to text or call him on whatever whim I feel like. But he is one missionary I know I'll be writing frequently. I can't tell you what a great friend Brad has been to me. He has kept my secrets, put up with my drama, helped me grow up, given me so many laughs, accompanied me to all sorts of activities.. Heck. He even went to San Francisco with my family and me! So to say the least, I will miss him very much. But my excitement for him trumps all that. Let's just say that I can't wait till 8:30 PM and rest assured I will be workin the water works. And Brad. Don't forget to remember me.

I was listening to that song by Carrie Underwood as I worked out on my wii fit this afternoon and I'll just share a little bit of it and suggest hittin that tune up, especially if you are a peer of mine...


18 years had come and gone
For momma they flew by
But for me they drug on and on
We were loading up that Chevy
Both tryin' not to cry
Momma kept on talking
Putting off good-bye
Then she took my hand and said
"Baby don't forget:

Before you hit the highway
You better stop for gas
And there's a 50 in the ashtray
In case you run short on cash
Here's a map and here's a Bible
If you ever lose your way
Just one more thing before you leave
Don't forget to remember me"


This downtown apartment sure makes me miss home
and those bills there on the counter
Keep telling me I'm on my own
And just like every Sunday I called momma up last night
And even when it's not, I tell her everything's all right
Before we hung up I said
"Hey momma, don't forget:
to tell my baby sister I'll see her in the fall
And tell me-maw that I miss her
Yeah, I should give her a call
And make sure you tell Daddy that I'm still his little girl
Yeah I still feel like I'm where I'm supposed to be
Don't forget to remember me"

Tonight I find myself kneeling by the bed to pray
I haven't done this in a while
So I don't know what to say but
Lord, I feel so small sometimes in this big ol' place
Yeah, I know theres more important things, but
Don't forget to remember me

Okay, fine, that was the whole song. But it's just so good! And really. I just wanna say this. To all my guy friends that have gotten their calls and are leaving me for two years.. To my baby brother... To all my friends that are staying here for college. And Carrie said it best. Don't forget to remember me, k? Cause I'll promise that I won't forget to remember any of you. much love--Mary

1 comment: