Monday, December 5, 2011

not celebrities and aware of what i'm doing. #comms239



I think chapter 7 in Mind brought up a really good point. Journalists tend to get confused with celebrities. Here are some journalists I think have really become crossbreeds. It's like. Are you reporters, or are you famous personalities?
Erin Andrews, ESPN.







Katie Couric









Anderson Cooper.

But, having said I think these people are as much celebrity as they are journalist, I don't think there's anything they could do about it. People love them. They are famous. But they are still great reporters.What I gained from chapter 7 was that while fame might come with our job it is important to stay grounded and it is definitely a choice to stay grounded. If we start to get too famous and become bad at what we do, people will notice. We must remember why we're doing what we're doing and continue to do it, regardless of fame. And it's also important to remain morally sound whilst being a celebrity.We can't choose to report of Kim Kardashians divorce instead of the presidential debate because we feel that will gain us popularity.

Basically what I gained from chapter 8 was to be sure of what you're doing. Don't be a journalist if you aren't 110% it's what you want to do because you will not do your job correctly. I also learned that journalism is something you should want to stick with. The average age of a journalist is 41!  Here's a chapter from a book saying what makes a good journalist. We should make sure all of these things apply to us before we commit :) ftp://ftp.pearsoned-ema.com/HPE_Samples/SampleChapters/9781405835367.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment