Sunday, September 26, 2010

The FAST and the Furious

I'm going to say this and only some of you will understand how monumental it is: I fasted from the mass media for 3 WHOLE DAYS. And yes, although it's implicit I'll share for dramatic effect.. Facebook was included. I didn't get on Facebook for 3 days. I am on Facebook ALL the time! It's an awful and disgusting addiction. But surprisingly I did pretty well without it! Like.. Better than I could have hoped for or expected. I don't want to go into detail about it here and bore you all. But I wrote a 3 page reflection paper about it and it's pretty decent, so if you'd really like to know more about it, I'd love the proofing of my first college paper. :) Oh and just FYI.. I also went without Pandora.. that was probably rougher than being without Facebook. And I went without ESPN. Gah. And. I had to wait 3 days to watch Glee. But Glee was so good! Didn't you guys love it!? That new kid Sam is so cute. And I love Finn!!

Anyway. I paid fast offerings for the first time today. Is it sac religious to post about that? It was just a fun, new experince. In college I've had a fair few moments where I stop and go, "Whoa. I'm all grown up!"..Even though I know I have PLENTY more of that to do. So much more of it. I'm disgusted by my own immaturity. A lot. Ha! Oh and just a random side note, in case anyone was wondering, I had a freaking lame weekend! That's gotta stop. Who has lame weekends at BYU? Losers. Seriously. I stayed home and did my homework last night. Awesome. Next weekend is going to be amazing, I have decided-- To make up for the past 2 lame ones.

K well I don't feel like blogging anymore, but, for your entertainment.. My roommate and I have quickly learned and adopted the trick of putting a magnet against the keyhole in your dorm door, so you don't have to mess with your keys everytime you go in and out.. And my roommate and I go in and out a lot. Just recently we found a way heavy duty magnet that does the job right. But until we found that macho mama we used this magnet that we got for free at some freshmen mentoring thing, and I find it hilarious, so here it is.:


Ohhh, the irony. Haha. much love--Mary

5 comments:

  1. I'm quite proud of you. Especially the pandora part. How you survived, I don't think anybody will ever know. I know why next weekend is going to be so great. Because i will be there! yay! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! Miln! I am proud of you!! Way to go! Haha. You're so precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary I am proud of you and miss you okay the end!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you have a blog and will check for updates on a regular basis :)

    Anj and I had so much fun together, you're very lucky to have such a wonderful sister!

    Also, a favor to ask... my sister Megan is heading to Jerusalem for winter semester and is trying to sell her contract at The Elms. Rent is 298 including fixed utilities and it's right next to campus, brick oven and the tennis court area... do you think you could put the word out :)

    ReplyDelete