Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Checking In

Yup. Checking in with reality. I'm doing it. And it's about time.

Don't you just love it when all of a sudden everything makes sense? It's especially great when you didn't even know things weren't making sense in the first place. You can be chugging along, thinking everything is fine, and then just have one of those moments when you realize it's not. Ha. That's what happened to me last night as I was running stairs at Helaman Fields. Living with a hall full of 40 girls is TOTALLY getting to me. In high school I had gotten really good at distancing myself from girls for the most part because...

I'm enough girl for about 40 ha. Seriously. I'm a lot to handle. I know. I'm overbearing, and loud, and dramatic, moody, and catty, and whatever other lovely adjectives you want to use to describe girls.. Anyway. That's why I always have boy best friends! And maybe a select few girl friends that can handle me.. Like the two pictured below. My roommate is doing pretty well with me, too :) I love those girls. Anyhow living with 40 girls has seriously brought the worst out in me. It's like.. Everybody talks about everybody all the time and we're always talking about boys, boys, boys. And last night I realized that I just need to CHILL. Like for real. So I'm going to. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet and my life is going better. Oh. And the time I spent in the mountains this weekend.. That helped to clear my head too. I'll throw in a pic of that beautiful location below as well.


I took my first exam this morning! I got 67/70.. 95%! Just in case you were unclear... That's an A :) I'm pretty excited I won't lie. I went through a panic attack while walking to the testing center but I got over it quick and did well. And then went to devotional. Elder Robert D. Hales spoke to the university about choices which I found pretty coincidental seeing as how last night I had my epiphany about making the choice to chill.. Yeah. This university has not ceased to amaze me.

Alright. Well I'm signing off for now to do a little more homework before I'm off to my two and a half hour COMMS class. I really love it. It's rough to have a class for that long no matter how much you love it, though.. much love--Mary

Oh. PS. Guess who's birthday it is tomorrow? And guess who I'll be seeing in less than two months? This guy:

It's safe to say I can't wait.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you on your decision! haha. I love you, Mary. I'm glad you're liking BYU so much!! and I'm jealous that you getta see your brother so dang soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Mary, college is just so much fun. I hope you're doing well.
    xo
    Sabrina

    ReplyDelete