Sunday, August 15, 2010

Veggie Trays and Textbooks

This weekend I ventured up to Provo (or as I like to call it, P Town) with my best friends :) One of them being my big sister Anjuli and the other one being Claudia Patricia Oliva (or as I like to call her.. Paki). They are pictured below:

This. Was them as we were eating our delicious breakfast on Friday morning at this place called GURUS. It was highly delicious and I suggest it to anyone that will be near Center Street in Provo anytime soon. I'll be using my presuasiveness and charm to get people with cars to take me to this restraunt any chance that arises. Yum yum. Anyway. I pretty much failed at taking pictures but a couple of the things our weekend consisted of were....
 -Shopping
-Shopping
-SHOPPING (Yay for a cute college wardrobe. NOT yay for being broke now).
-Ice cream at the old Spaghetti Factory (I had never been before. It was good ).

-Eating a vegetable tray from a gas station and some fro yo for dinner (and getting a taste of some of the HIGHLY entertaining people I can't wait to meet at BYU).

-Going to my favorite place on the Earth-Liberty Park (forget getting proposed to on a boat. I want to get proposed to at Liberty Park).



-Eating at the Park Cafe (also highly recommend it) and the Cheesecake Factory (I'll be attending Zumba frequently in my last week here to work all the food off).
-Going to watch a concert of some highly talented Polys with the most beautiful voices I've heard
-Hanging out with our dear family friends the Knoxes
-Walking aimlessly around Provo
-Touring campus to locate my classes/living quarters
-Buying allllll my textbooks
-Getting my student ID. (I feel so official)
-Watching THE OC
-Doing Yoga in front of my sisters apartment/stalking hot soccer players

Needless to say I am not as bored as I was last post. A weekend away was just what the doctor ordered. Oh did I mention that Paty and I met up with our dear friend Kalynn!? She walked around campus with us for a couple hours. Leave it to me to not take pictures ha... Hopefully I'll get better at that when I get to college. Anyway. Seeing old friends is so great! I read this statement in a magazine as Paty and I read in Barnes and Noble (my second favorite place on Earth) at the Gateway. "It doesn't matter how long it's been since you've seen a friend, as long as you pick up where you left off." I find so much truth in that statement. Sometimes you're gonna have friends that you can see everday. But sometimes you're not. Like Kalynn. We haven't lived in the same vicinity for years. But we picked up where we left off and it was so great. Friends are just the greatest thing and I just don't know where I'd be without mine. I'm especially going to miss these lovlies:

They are my home girls. Also I will greatly miss Bradley Kevin and Alexis Kathryn and Maddison. Also Michael John will probably be missed. But I won't be missing Rachel Kay Wade who will be living on the floor below me! Or Michelle or Liz! I won't be missing them either! Woot! I'm getting excited. Obviously.
 Anyway. This week will consist of working, and packing, and buying things I need for college. There are so many little things I haven't even thought of. Like hooks to hang my towels on! And towels for that matter. Anyway. In one week and one day I will be departing for P Town once again, and this time for good. I. Can't. Wait.  much love--Mary  
Oh hey. Since it's Sunday. And for kicks and giggles. I'm gonna throw out one of my favorite scriptures that is proving to be relevant in my life at the moment. You can find it in Hebrews chapter 12. The first couple verses...  "Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God."

3 comments:

  1. You are so smart. Seriously. Way to get your books and I.D. card and tour campus before 10 billion other students get up there. You wont have to wait in ridiculously long lines or get lost on campus now! I can't believe its almost here. If you need any help this week getting stuff together than I am just a phone call or text away! :) can't wait to be a cougar with ya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I loved seeing you! Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are just lovely. Your beauty radiates from the inside out and you are just so pure. Yet you are still so fun and easy to get along with. I miss you Tuscano girls SO MUCH. So so much. It looks like you are having so much fun :]

    ReplyDelete