Anyway. I said goodbye to my Sunbeams today. It was more emotional for them than me.. Haha. I love them but I don't think that I will miss getting ignored by them and having to attempt to get them to stay still. Today one of my little beams, Mia, said "I'm going to mess up your makeup" and then proceeded to lick her finger and wipe it on my eye. Yummy. The very same Mia asked me today what it meant to be drownded. Yes. Drownded. I replied "It means when you go under water and do not come back up." She sassed back "No. It's when your parents get mad at you because you did something you weren't supposed to." A few minutes later, it clicked.. "Ohhhh you mean GROUNDED" Okay. Maybe I am going to miss them quite a bit.
I did actually learn a few things this Summer. Here are a few I learned this week...
I love the government. They gave me many dollars for college, and for that I am grateful.
You only have 40 free hours of listening on Pandora, so I'm very seriously considering upgrading to the not free version. Because I live off of Pandora and something tells me that will only become more true at college.
I am pretty incompetent. I'm pretty much done packing now but I could NOT have done it without Alexis Kathryn, my packing queen. She esentially did it all for me and I owe her my life. I tried to do a little bit of it last night and failed. I couldn't even pick a place to start.
Here are some photos from our fun filled evening of packing....
While I'm posting pictures I'll post a few others.. My bestie Paki, Myself, Sharrod, Gough, and Nic took a little road trip on Friday. It was very much fun. A great way to spend my last Friday in St. George.. Even though I wasn't technically in St. George. Those three boys will be amazing missionaries. And obviously I love every minute I spend with Paki. We ventured up to the Salt Lake area to watch our Ex High School (haha?) play their first football game of the season.. I couldn't decide if I was happy or sad that our football team got obliterated. It was like. Yay, they suck even without our grade! But also like. Sad. I went to that school. Anyway. Hopefully they shape up. We also spent some time with our dear friend Alex Dunlop and my grandma! And we visited Temple Square. And I stayed up until 4:30 AM. It was a fun little trip. I'm blessed with some pretty rockin people in my life. Add that to the list of things I've learned this week. :)
Ok two more things. Have I already shared how sucky I am at change? Realllllly sucky. I get used to things how they are and I like them. So don't worry about it. I cried for like 4 hours straight yesterday and whined to my mom about how overwhelmed I am. But now it's out of my system. I did the exact same thing the day before senior year started. I bawled my eyes out and whined to my work friends and then I was ready. So. I am going to learn from the past and assume that now that my crying sesh is over with, I'm ready. I know I said that last post. But I was wrong. Hopefully I'm right this time.
And. I finally told Josh I wrecked out car. So we'll see how that goes. much love--Mary


I just blogged about this too.
ReplyDeleteBut.
Mar.
Provo will love you. :]
You'll be in heaven.
yay! I'm glad I'm dubbed the packing queen (:
ReplyDeleteI'm quite good at it.
And even better at labeling/drawing amazing pictures on your boxes.
....should of packed the h.p. shampoo and conditioner :)
ReplyDelete